Monday 20 October 2014

The Two roads!



It was quite a common day with my regular college chores until my parents came up with the idea of visiting the orphanage we use to go regularly, it was drizzling and I played some of my favorite songs in the car that just made the trip enjoyable. The travel took 30 minutes from our home and when we were going I was completely lighthearted but during the return to our home my heart was immensely heavy with loads of questions inside me. When I reached the place my mom went into the office to give our donation and my dad unpacked the clothes we brought them, I was left  tramping around the place enjoying the weather and noticed few eyes falling on me with yearning not for money or dresses but for love. There were not only orphans but also some mentally retarded people around the place and I saw no err in them other than them being the way they want or feel…well most of us are like that, we hardly mind the feeling of others, we just do what we feel to do and so do they. I just couldn’t bare them looking at me like that I don’t know what I could do so I rushed up myself into the office and was shocked to see 2 boards that were hung in the dusty wall. The one just got me in tears and the other made my parents wish they have seen it before. One of the boards says “We do not give any of our children for adoption” and I wondered why and then realized the fear that the orphanage chief has got of the society. They might adopt a child but what if at least once in a life time they treat his/her as an adopted child? That moment he/she’ll feel that all the love given to her was deceptive.  I was so moved by the quote and believed that it is because of people like them the world is still a better place. The board that made my parents regret was the ‘necessity’ board in which important mark was given to a few things and one of them was ‘phenol’. I for a moment thought when we people are busy purchasing conditioners and sun screens there are a few who lacks the most basic necessities of life. 
 

When we made our departure a young lady came to my dad and asked for his visiting card uttering that they’ll pray for us for the gratitude we showed. My parents and I were left speechless. I thought we were given more than our necessity just to share with the needy and this is what all the religion says. Why does serving the poor becomes highlighted and glorified as an act of gratitude when it is a duty that is now forgotten? We traveled back home with vivid silence but my mind and heart were fighting with each other on the questions of life. When my heartfelt deplorable on the discrimination that the Lord has created between them and others like me which had made them think we are ‘blessed’, my mind without any blip of emotion it said aloud “It is their fate. What they sow they reap”. I was enthralled and reckoned may be most of us are mind readers with the idea of considering their life as their so called ‘karma’. But I wasn’t quite satisfied with the idea of my mind it was self-centered and wanted to shut it up. I allowed my heart to confess and after a long time after returning home my mind stopped bluffing. 
 

We could never change everything but still we could be a part of the infinitesimal change. Though I cannot travel in their road I could at least help them lay a road they want. May be that is why He has given us two arms…to share what we have.
‘Life’ is invariably dissimilar in this world. When one run miles to get his stomach full at least once in a day there are a few who run miles to digest the food they ate in abundance. And when these two roads meet the meaning of 'Life' is  accomplished,and to this we need that 'love' called HUMANITY.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment