Tuesday 21 November 2017

Being a 20 something girl!

When we were kids all we ever wanted was to grow up, little did we know that there is nothing in this world we would trade for to relive our childhood again. At least I would, I have always fantasized growing up to be a fairy tale, having everything I ever wanted and being happy all the time. But it never is and never will be as growing up is all about learning to find a reason to smile when life pushes us to the verge of blurting out to tears. It is when you learn that only a few, a very few people really care about you and others are just curious. It is when “faking smiles and hiding your emotions” becomes the indication that you are really growing up. Is there any way I could really express how badly I miss my childhood where rushing back home to watch my favorite cartoon was the only thing I had in my mind during travel or  talking about fairies and Ben 10’s aliens were “THE” series discussions I ever had.

Image result for 90's cartoon network

Time flies so fast to realize it has been so long and there is no more CARTOON NETWORK (trust me., it is a serious heartbreak for me)  and yet here I am, refusing to grow up or accept the fact that I have to. Still stuck in my little world where the only change I can make is that Ben 10 is now Barry Allen and I believe more in Arrow than I do in Spiderman.

Image result for Barry allen to the rescue

 Being a 20 something girl and whenever someone talks to me about marriage I couldn’t help but panic (I wasn’t even prepared to let go off 90’s cartoon network, and here you are asking me if I am ready to get married…I mean what is that?)

Image result for what is marriage gif

Being in my early 20’s is nothing like I thought it would be, it made me realize that Vampires like Edward Cullen don’t exist and Prince charming is a complete screw up but still I believe in the same old love. There is no way to lose faith in that as that is the only thing that keeps me going despite of all the shattering happening around me.

Growing up indeed sucks but that is where we learn that all that it matters are those who stand by us listening to all the non-sense and still appreciate us for what we truly are. It is when you learn the value of quality over quantity and when the word “family” becomes both our strength and weakness. Life couldn’t be more beautiful, yeah it sucks but it is the little things in life that makes it worth living.



This is the time where I am learning to see the brighter side of everything and promising myself to smile no matter what situation life puts me through, after all…life is beautiful the way it is. 


Image result for life is beautiful pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment